Trustworthy educational producing assistance is generally all set to guide learners in relation to their show results. Get essay composed by specialist and knowledgeable essay writers paper writers.

FAQ of Poland


If you are planning to study in Poland then you will have many questions in mind before coming to the decision. To help you out, the following are the list of frequently asked questions and answers to them:

  • Do I have to speak Polish?
  • Are any scholarships available?
  • What do I need to enroll?
  • When academic year starts and ends?
  • Is health insurance required?
  • Can I apply for scholarship?
  • How much money do I need for accommodation and other living costs?

Do I have to speak Polish?
There are English courses available for international students, so you don’t have to speak Polish. If you prefer to study in Polish you will have to complete a Polish language course before you start studying.

Are any scholarships available?
Students with proved Polish origin (having “karta polaka”) may apply for budget-funded studies on the same basis as Polish citizens. A list of scholarships provided by the Polish government and other organizations is available Other scholarship offers may be available in certain Universities. You should check it out in a course search engine and in the International Students office of the University of your choice.

What do I need to enroll?
To qualify all international applicants must first meet the minimum requirements for entry into higher education in their own country, have a matriculation certificate or equivalent document; command of English (at least on an intermediate level) is also required.
Some departments of the arts, physical education, and departments preparing students for the teaching profession, medical and technical universities may organize additional aptitude tests. All graduating from Polish institutions of higher education receive a Diploma Supplement. The Supplement is available free of charge and is issued in Polish, and on request in other languages (English, German, French, Spanish or Russian). Since Poland ratified the Lisbon Convention on Recognition of Degrees in 2004 recognition of Polish diplomas has become easier inter-nationally.
For information on diploma recognition please

When academic year starts and ends?
In most cases the academic year at Polish universities consists of 2 semesters of 15 weeks duration each. Fall semester starts in the beginning of October and lasts till mid-February, with two-week break for Christmas holidays and with a one-week vacation period in February. Spring semester starts in mid February and lasts till the end of June, with one-week break for Easter holidays. Summer vacation lasts from the beginning of July to the end of September.

Is health insurance required?learning-polish-online
Medical care in Poland is not free of charge. Health insurance is mandatory for all students for the entire duration of their stay in Poland. The students from non-EU/EEA countries are recommended to buy medical insurance in their home country or immediately after their arrival in Poland. Otherwise students are required to pay for any health service they get. Foreign students are also advised to purchase third party liability insurance and accident insurance.

More information can be found on The National Health Fund

Can I apply for scholarship?
All international students may apply for scholarships within bilateral agreements on direct cooperation offered through Bureau for Academic Recognition and International Exchange ( to one of the following countries: Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Belarus, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Columbia, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Korea, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Switzerland, Sweden, Tajikistan, Taiwan, Tunisia, Turkey, the Ukraine, USA, Uzbekistan, the United Kingdom, Venezuela, Vietnam.

How much money do I need for accommodation and other living costs?
Thirty students’ dormitories offer 9,500 beds for those who seek accommodation. For a monthly accommodation one have to pay their PLN 250-720. If you decide to stay in a students’ flat, you will have to pay at least PLN 350 per room, whereas if you wish to rent a oneroom flat, you will have to pay PLN 1,000 monthly.
If you wish to eat something tasty and not spend a big amount of money, it is worth visiting one of a dozen or so milk bars, where dinner costs as much as PLN 5. The cost of a monthly board amounts to PLN 400.
You can arrive at any place in the town by numerous bus and tram lines, including “Pestka” (PoznaƄ Fast Tram). The student monthly season ticket is an expense of several dozen PLN.