PTE Academic is a computer-based academic English language test aimed at non-native English speakers wanting to study abroad. It tests Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. Questions often test 2 skills together, such as listening and reading or reading and speaking.
Know the Test Format
Make sure you’re familiar with how PTE Academic is structured
Understanding the test format and types of questions is crucial to obtaining a better result. To improve your overall score it is important to:
- Familiarize yourself with the test format
- Speaking & Writing
- Length and timing: how long does each part of PTE Academic last? How much time is allowed for each question type?
- Quantity: How many parts are included in the test? How many questions?
- Layout: How is each question presented on screen?
- Instructions: What task needs to be completed for each question type? How are responses recorded?
- Question types: How are different question types presented on the screen? What tasks need to be completed? What skills are assessed? How are responses scored?